A simple cocktail to serve while entertaining guests on Cinco De Mayo or while socializing on the patio during the upcoming summer months. You know, those warm summer nights that we all live for? Mezcal is very similar to tequila but has a very distinctive smoky flavor giving it a more down to earth taste. This classic cocktail can be served straight up or on the rocks!
- 1/4 cup Mezcal
- 1/4 cup Campari
- 3/4 cup Sweet Vermouth
- 2 Blood oranges
- 3 tsp Organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Dried Blood Oranges Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine organic cane sugar and cinnamon in a small dish, mix well.
- Thinly slice the blood oranges, the thinner the better as they will dehydrate easier.
- Place the orange slices flat on a baking tray and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Put the baking tray on the middle rack in the oven to begin dehydrating the oranges.
- After one hour, turn the orange slices and sprinkle them with the remainder of your cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Remove them after they have been in the oven for an additional hour or when the orange slices are dried and slightly crisped. Allow to cool before using!
- Pour Mezcal, Campari and Vermouth into a mixing glass. Stir thorougly to combine flavors.
- Add ice to cocktail glasses, then fill with the mixture from step one until the glasses are 3/4 full.
- Garnish with a dried orange slice and serve immediately.