The Classic Tom and Jerry Cocktail
This traditional Christmastime cocktail is a must drink this December! It gained its popularity in the 1940's and still is a part of Christmas tradition today. The consistency is much like eggnog but is lighter and made with hot water or warm milk. We promise, it is absolutely delicious!
Batter Ingredients (Makes 48 Servings):
- 8 eggs, Separated
- 4 sticks of softened butter
- 2 lbs. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- A Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- Prep bowl for mixing the egg whites in, it must be very clean and dry to get the right consistency that makes this recipe shine.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl until well blended and creamy
- Add butter, sugar and vanilla extract to the creamy egg yolks and whip until combined thoroughly
- Stir in cloves, nutmeg and allspice
- Stir in egg whites (texture will be a thick batter)
It takes quite a while to beat eggs into stiff peaks by hand so we highly recommend using a stand or electric mixer on medium-high speed.
Okay you have made the batter, now what?
- Add 1 tbsp of the Tom and Jerry batter into a mug
- 1/2 Oz. Rum of Choice
- 1/2 Oz. Brandy of Choice
- Fill with hot water or hot milk
- Stir until the batter has dissolved and the drink is foaming
- Garnish with nutmeg
Please Note: This recipe does contain raw eggs and is not advised to be consumed by young children, pregnant women, infirm or elderly.