Vital is hiring: Glassware Screenprinter
Vital Industries is hiring!
We are makers of glassware, home goods, apparel & accessories that we print in our Northern Wisconsin studio. Our products are designed and printed with quality and aesthetic in mind for everyday use. All of the goods our team creates uphold a high standard to last vibrantly throughout the years. Vital is adding to the team of people who show up each day to make that happen. Screen printing experience not required - just a positive attitude and a willingness to care about what we care about!
Position Title: Glassware Screenprinter
Reports to: Production Manager
Wage: $11-13, Reevaluation at 3 months after training complete
Main functions: All duties of glassware screen printing including:
- Screen and artwork preparation, ie. computer file preparation, printing films, and burning screens.
- Ink mixing and color matching, involves careful measuring of small amounts and discerning color variations
- Operation and troubleshooting of screen printing machine and dryers.
- Managing glassware production scheduling with efficiency and serving the customer in mind.
- Product quality control.
Additional duties include:
- Cleaning screens, presses and printing tools: Cleaning up and organizing.
- Inspect, box, and transfer product to shipping or warehouse.
- Inventory and supply management, communicate low stock levels to the purchasing team.
- Assist in maintaining a clean working area, including kitchen and bathroom. Everyone pitches in!
- Assist shipping and production departments as assigned.
- Operate forklift, as needed.
Successful Candidate must have the following skills:
- Be self motivated and thrive in a solo work environment. Glassware printing is an independent station and much of your day is spent working alone. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks individually.
- Willing to accept critique and ability to put the customer first. Jobs may need to be reprinted for various reasons and assigned priorities frequently change. We expect team members to accept this pleasantly. Ability to take direction, as well as offer suggestions to improve the processes is important.
- Able to persevere. Sometimes problems arrive on press and you will need to quickly troubleshoot until the solution is found. Attention to detail and ability to solve problems creatively is a must.
- Possess good computer skills. Printing and sizing artwork is a must. Ability to use design software to customize existing files a plus.
- Basic math skills and ability to count objects and record numbers accurately.
- Able to work hard, fast! Insider term: “Beast Mode”
Working conditions: To be a good fit, you need to be okay with the following:
- 40 hours per week, 8:30-4:30, M-F. Schedules may vary with demand. Overtime may be scheduled as needed.
- Play well with others. We are a small team whose work overlaps to reach common goals.
- Work can be strenuous, requiring regular lifting of multiple boxes of 30+ lbs. Ability to work on feet most of the day.
- Awesome work environment, with Unlimited High 5’s!
How to apply: Submit a current resume and a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us a bit about yourself and why you’d be a good fit. Interviews will start as soon as suitable applications come in.