Vital is hiring! Screen Printing Press Operator
Vital Industries is hiring!
Vital Industries has an immediate opening for a Textile Screen Printing Press Operator. We are makers of glassware, home goods, apparel & accessories that we print in our Northern Wisconsin studio. Besides the Vital line of products, we also work with brands and custom clients by offering our market expertise and product knowledge to create successful product lines. Our products are designed and printed with quality and aesthetic in mind for everyday use. We strive to have all of the goods our team creates uphold the high standard Vital has established through the years. Vital is adding to the team of people who show up each day to make that happen. Screen printing experience not required - just a positive attitude and a willingness to care about what we care about!
Position Title: Textile Screen Printing Press Operator
Reports to: Production Manager
Wage: $11-14, Reevaluation at 3 months after training complete
Main functions: All duties of operating an automatic and manual screen printing press:
- Prepress: Verify film accuracy with spec sheets. Layout and burn screens to achieve proper registration and print quality on press.
- Press setup: Ensuring registration of the print design, color matching, and placement on garment. Get approval from the supervisor before beginning the print run.
- Press take down: Verify the proper quantity has been printed before take down. Cleaning screens, presses, and printing tools utilizing proper ink management and solvent procedures. Cleaning up and organizing.
- Ink mixing and PMS color matching, involves careful measuring and discerning color variations.
- Operation and troubleshooting of screen printing machines.
- Managing textile production scheduling with efficiency and serving the customer in mind.
- Product quality control. Checking print quality throughout the run.
Additional duties include:
- Inspect, box, and transfer product to shipping or warehouse.
- Inventory and supply management, communicate low stock levels to the purchasing team.
- Assist in maintaining a clean working area, including kitchen and bathroom. Everyone pitches in!
- Operate forklift, as needed.
Successful Candidate must have the following skills:
- Be self motivated and thrive in a team work environment. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks individually.
- Willing to accept critique and ability to put the customer first. Assigned priorities frequently change. Ability to take direction, as well as offer suggestions to improve the processes is important.
- Able to persevere. Sometimes problems arrive on press and you will need to quickly troubleshoot until the solution is found. Attention to detail and ability to solve problems creatively is a must.
- Basic math skills and ability to count objects and record numbers accurately.
- Ability to follow instructions in English.
- Able to work hard, fast! Insider term: “Beast Mode.”
Working conditions: To be a good fit, you need to be okay with the following:
- 40 hours per week, 8:30-4:30, M-F. Schedules may vary with demand. Overtime may be scheduled as needed.
- Play well with others. We are a small team whose work overlaps to reach common goals.
- Work can be strenuous, requiring regular lifting of 30+ lbs. Ability to work on feet most of the day.
- Awesome work environment, with Unlimited High 5’s!
We are accepting all applications through Indeed. Please see the job posting here: Vital Press Operator Job Posting on Indeed